Standing on the Promises (Jan 2019)
We’ve come to realise that the Lord has called our little family to moment-by-moment, full-faith living to keep us constantly on our knees seeking Him for our every step and need.
Through the uncertainty of last summer, God brought provision and peace. And after the first of the year, we sat back with a huge sigh of relief that “steady as she goes” finally seemed possible. But due to changing circumstances for some of UKFJ’s larger monthly donors, we again find ourselves facing an insurmountable financial shortfall. We can’t cut back enough to offset this change. God will have to bring new provision.
You’ve probably heard the saying “many hands make light work.” Similarly, one could say that “many small donations add up!” 😉
It would be a wonderful blessing if many people were willing to give just a small amount each month. Don’t get me wrong… if the Lord puts it on your heart to give medium or big, that’s fantastic! But if $10, $15 or $20 is doable, that would be just as fantastic. If 40 new supporters could give just $25 a month, we’d be so much closer to a reasonably steady place. And if, along the way, things changed and someone couldn’t carry on, the drop of $25 here or there would be much less impactful on this end. And of course, we are so deeply grateful for the many of you who do give already!
Because UKFJ is fully supported by donations, your support actually makes you a part of this mission:
- You are joining us to SERVE, EVANGELISE and TEACH.
- You are bringing the light, hope and truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and families in rural and deprived communities of the UK.
- You are enabling help to the local church, training-up of leaders and ministers and outreach to those in need.
Of course, whether or not you are able to give personally, your prayers for God’s provision are deeply appreciated as we press forward undeterred; unwilling to pack it up because of worry or fear. We hold on to God’s Word, trust Him fully, and dig in deeper to the work He’s assigned us.
And whatever you might be facing today, God’s good promises and provision are for you too. We can stand on His Word!
- Philippians 4:6-7... Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- Matthew 21:21-22...Then Jesus told them, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and don’t doubt, you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it.”
- Mark 10:27... Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God.”
- John 15:16... You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.
- Isaiah 65:24… I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!
- Hebrews 10:23... Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.
- The Smiths // Trevor, Connie, Brooklyn & Lincoln // UK for Jesus
P.S. UK for Jesus is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organisation. All gifts are tax deductible for USA-based donors. CLICK HERE to find out more about how to give.
Also, if social media is currently how you link to our detailed ministry updates and you want to stay in-the-know, please CLICK HERE to sign up for our email newsletter. Our blog and social media will stay active for general updates, but the nitty-gritty will now be provided exclusively through email. If you have questions or want more details about this change, please email us at email@example.com.